Your kids have a lot of developing to do as they are their young age, their bodies are still forming. They will need plenty of vitamins and nutrients for their growth and healthy development of their physiology. However, they may not get everything from their food, so you can add a supplement in their diet to make sure that they get enough supply of nutrients.
Nutritional Benefits That Fish Oil Provide To a Baby
Fish oil is a rich source of both Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) fats. These essential fats are not synthesized in the body on their own. Thus fish oil which is rich with omega-3 is a good external source of these essential fats.
- They can be obtained by eating fish or by taking supplements. Fish like, tuna, salmon, cod liver, whale blubber, and seal blubber are rich in omega-3. Fish oil is also approved to lower the level of triglycerides.
- It is also used for many other conditions which are related to heart and blood system. Some people use fish oil to lower their blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Fish oil also has been used for preventing heart disease or stroke, as well the clogged arteries, irregular heartbeat, chest pain, rapid heartbeat and much more.
- Many people also eat fish to help with depression, attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder which is very common among children, development of coordination order and mental impairment.
- Fish oil is also used for many kidney related problems including kidney failure and kidney disease and complications related to diabetes, heart transplantation etc.
Here is the list of nutritional benefits that fish oil will provide to a baby when introduced into his or her diet.
Boosts Activity of Brain
Fish oil is a rich source of DHA, which helps to keep the brain cells integrity properly and for the development and maintenance of the nervous system as well.
- Increases IQ Level: Moreover, fish oil boosts the communication of neurons and helps the baby to have a higher level of concentration. Deficiency of DHA may lead to an unbalanced growth of baby’s brain which may cause behavioral and attention problem in the baby. Studies show that children who were advised to eat less oily food scored lower on IQ, social, and motor skill tests. One more study shows that mothers who were given fish oil supplementation went on to produce babies who scored higher hand and eye coordination tests.
- Increases The Size Of Head: Children suffering from ADHD are often recommended to have lower levels of omega 3 fatty acids. Low birth weight babies are often supplemented with a higher dose of DHA. This leads to the greater development of the head of the babies than those who were supplemented with a normal dose of DHA. The growth of the head size is associated with the increase in mental development.
- Fish oil also helps in developments of neurons in the baby at a good rate. Lack of fish oil in the diet increases the risk of children who have lower language developed assessed as words understood. Fish oil helps in developing an advanced level of attention span in the later part of their life.
Fish oil boosts the vision of a baby because it is a rich source of vitamin A. vitamin A is the only vitamin that protects and maintains the functionality of the eye. Existing DHA of the fish oil is a natural source of vitamin A. thus consumption of fish oil will boost your baby’s vision. They play a key role in maintaining healthy eyesight. Our brains and eyes contain a lot of fatty acids. The remains of these are a mystery, but a recent research gave a breakthrough. Researchers have found a protein in the eye necessary for sight. They modified some animal subjects genetically to lack the protein and they were rendered blind. This protein removed omega-3 fatty acids from the bloodstream and then delivered it to the eyes. This removal resulted in the blindness in the animal, so omega 3 plays an important role not only in maintaining healthy sight but having a sight at any level. They also offer a wide range of potential benefits to vision. Most babies have dry eyes. Studies have also proved that DHA and EPA help our eyes to produce better and more tears. Fish oil contains a good amount of DHA and EPA. As fish oil has no side effects, so taking more than 1000 milligrams daily is perfectly safe. Fish also helps in curing macular degeneration, and diabetic retinopathy.
Enhance the Immunity System
- Improves Digestion: Fish oils are full of fatty acids in the form of omega-3. This healthy fatty acid improves the digestion system of a baby.
- Enhances Cell Activity: They are rich in eicosapentaenoic and docosahexaenoic acids which helps in preventing diseases by reducing inflammation. They enhance the white blood cell activity popularly known as the B cell.
- Protects From Diseases: Fish oil not only reduces the overall immune response to lower inflammation but opening the door for the use of fish oil for them who compromise with the immune systems. Moreover, this fatty acid protects a baby from dangerous diseases like a cough and cold, flu, etc.
- Give An Adequate Amount Of Fish Oil: Healthy fatty acids from fish can lead to a powerful new flu drug. The three viruses that cause flu can be cured by the compounds which are derived from the fat of fish oil. However, if an excessive amount of fish oil is introduced into the diet of a baby, then it may lead to obesity, frequent urination, and excessive thirst.
- Susceptible To Infections: Excessive omega 3 can also cause problems in digestion, burping, and diarrhea. As fish oil has the potential to suppress your child’s immune system, which will make him more susceptible to infections and other problems.
Strengthens the Bones of the Baby
Fish oil is a good source of vitamin D too. This is an essential element to maintain the strength of bones. Moreover fatty acid in form of omega-3 plays an important role to maintain the mineral density of the bones. They defend our bones against osteoporosis by lessening the inflammation by a large number of mechanisms. Getting a good amount of omega 3 dies is essential to prevent osteoporosis and ensure healthy bones for life. The omega 3 encourages the production of osteoblasts which is a special cell helps in building bones. MSCs are the cells that live in bone marrow. They can grow up to be osteoblasts, which is a special cell that helps in building bones or can grow up to be adipocytes which are fat cells. It is better to prefer healthy bones that unhealthy fats. But how do we do it? Compounds which are derived from fish oil helps the MSCs turn in to osteoblasts.
Prevents Skin Disease
The health benefits of fish can be incredible for the largest organ of the body that is the skin. The source of essential fats from the fish oil can improve the health and beauty of skin in many ways.
- Reduces Aging: They contribute fat-soluble vitamins which help the skin to maintain its smooth and elastic texture. It also prevents wrinkles in the skin and works against the aging process.
- Cures Eczema: Eczema, a common skin disease seems to appear among babies, in absence of required amount of fatty acid in the body. In this case, skin gets dry and nails become brittle. Without the omega 3 fatty acids, moisture will leave your skin in a high amount, and taking fish oil as a supplement is much better than applying conventional moisturizers as your internal health will appear on your skin too. So taking fish oil will heal you both internally and externally.
- Studies shave also proved that taking fish oil equivalent to 1.8 grams of EPA had a significant reduction in symptoms of eczema in few weeks. These effects are due to the ability of fish oil to reduce the leukotriene B4 which is an inflammatory substance that plays a role in eczema.
- Reduces Inflammation: One of the biggest reasons fish oil leads to healthier skin is definitely the fact that it can reduce inflammation. Research has shown that fish oil supplements can even reduce sun-induced inflammation and provide sunburn relief. The sunburn response is markedly reduced by dietary fish oil rich in omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids. Thus to prevent skin diseases and keep your skin fresh, fish oil is also helpful.
Well, in order to boost the activity of your baby’s brain and develop other organ system fish oil is very much important. Though, introducing fish oil in your baby’s diet may look odd at first;